Code of Conduct - YogaMea School, Italy
YogaMea School’s Code of Conduct is a declaration of acceptable ethical and professional behavior by which all students agree to conduct themselves during the course of their training. Our Code of Conduct is intended to promote an orderly and peaceful existence within the YogaMea School community and as a basis for yoga principles. In consideration of my application towards a Registered Yoga Teacher certification, I agree to uphold the following ethical principles:
Discipline is an integral part of the training program. I will strictly observe the course routine.
Rules and Regulations
- => I will respect the rules and regulations of YogaMea School’s Yoga Teacher Training program and understand that to do otherwise could result in termination of studentship with no refund.
- => Smoking, Alcohol and Intoxicating Substances. I agree to abstain from all smoking, alcohol and intoxicating substances and understand these are not permitted during the training course.
- => I agree to conduct myself in a professional and conscientious manner. This includes, but is not limited to ensuring that I live up to any commitments I make to my teachers, classmates or YogaMea staff, ensuring that my practices and behavior conform to the representations I make about myself in holding myself as a yoga practitioner who adheres to certain precepts.
- => Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- => Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment or harassment based on other legal protected characteristics with my classmates and my teachers.
- => Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the yamas and niyamas.
- => I understand that YogaMea School reserves the right to withhold certifying me if they find that I am unable to comply with the Code of Conduct of the school, including a finding of failure to uphold the standards set forth in the Code of Conduct, which may or may not result in expulsion.
- => I agree to hold YogaMea School harmless for any losses or damages I may incur as a consequence of being removed from the program. I understand any decision resulting in expulsion or premature withdrawal from active training will result in the loss of all fees paid, and no reimbursement will be provided.
Prior to expelling me from the course, YogaMea School will provide me with a verbal notice, informing me of the basis for the potential expulsion and provide me with an opportunity to respond in writing or verbally. After review of the evidence, YogaMea School will issue a decision whether or not to expel me from the course, based on its reasonable judgment of the evidence presented to them.
I will consult with an instructor or manager prior to absenting myself from the scheduled program and understand that excusing myself from the class without prior permission may be considered a gross breach of discipline.
I agree to notify management in advance if I intend to forgo a meal to avoid food waste.
Activities Not Related to YogaMea School
I understand and acknowledge that YogaMea School does not make arrangements for guests of students; and that any activity that is not related to the course is not permitted.
I agree to be on time for classes. I understand I will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
I agree to return all library books and any other articles belonging to YogaMea School before departing from the school.