08 Days Yoga Retreat in Italy with Horse Riding
Give this year a great head start by escaping your hectic life and find inner peace with our incredibly designed Yoga retreat program. Merge your soul with Mother Nature, and experience the joy with multi-events such as Meditation, Yoga, Pranayama, Mantras, Music, fine Italian Cuisine, sharing of philosophical thoughts on Yoga in front of the fire, long walk, horseback riding, massages, and many amazing things.
Our Yoga and Meditation retreats are provided by a team of experts, experienced instructors who possess a vast knowledge of the ancient science of Yoga. Retreats are structured in such a way that any person irrespective of his/her knowledge can easily fit in and start learning.
Grab this opportunity to give your life a new direction and train your mind to stay calm and boy to stay fit. With complete guidance of our experienced yoga teachers and full-fledged facility provided at the residence, you will be participating in the life-changing event.
- All levels are welcome
- Daily morning Hatha yoga classes
- Meditation sessions
- Daily evening yoga classes
- 7 nights accommodation in a Historic Monastery
- 4 day of guided horse riding (4 hours per day)
- 3 organic and vegetarian meals per day
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- Free time for local excursions
- Group walk to explore the surrounding areas
- Quality support during your stay
8 days with instruction in English
The organizer also speaks: Italian
Group size: Maximum of 20 participants
The “Monastery of San Girolamo” is a magnificent Renaissance monument wrapped in the majestic arms of centuries-old oaks. Finished in 1503 by Don Ghisello Vandini of the noble Vandini family, Capitani di Frontino can be defined as from the Renaissance period. Inside we can find a spacious room, finely decorated with wonderful period frescoes; if needed it will be used for our Yoga and Meditative activities.
Yes, because when the weather allows us, we prefer to be outdoors: there is no shortage of space here, we have a wonderful cloister and a lush garden all around the structure. Alternatively, comfortable gazebos especially set up can be used for practicing Yoga sheltering us from the summer rain, without having to give up contact with mother nature. The ancient church, now deconsecrated, is available for various activities.
Inside you can find the magic of history, through a blissful silence that only the atmosphere of ancient times can help us to re- live. A fantastic opportunity for Yoga and group meditation, without neglecting the possibility of guaranteeing truly intimate and personal moments.
The monastery of San Girolamo puts at your disposal 14 bedrooms, of which:
- 2 Shared Classic rooms with private bathroom – can accommodate up to 3 beds; all with private bathroom.
- 7 large Classic rooms capable of accommodating 4 to 6 people, with a private bathroom inside, plus an external one.
- 5 Monastic rooms, deriving from the renovation of ancient monks’ cells in the ancient part of the Monastery, terracotta floors and wooden ceilings.
Book your Yoga TTC and Meditation Retreat at the Monastery of San Girolamo (Frontino), choosing from the following.
Services Provided in All Rooms
- Private bathroom with shower or bathtub in all rooms
- Hair dryers in all rooms
- Room cleaned (twice a week)
- Wi-Fi in all rooms and in the restaurant
- Common TV room, books and board games at your disposal
- We are dog friendly
- Free parking
- Swimming pool
Our Yoga and Meditation retreats can be a great foundation to collect vital energy along with the exponential increase in the focus and creativity. The YogaMea School works with the only motto and i.e. “Arrive and leave when you want” that caters a great platform to bring the main change in their lifestyle with the Yoga and meditation retreat which is both ideal and adventurous.
People coming at our retreat are welcomed to stay as long as they want and can choose the dates of Yoga Holiday on their own. Since the beginning of the retreat, the meditation and Yoga session will be accompanied by our expert Yoga instructors. With vast experience in the field, they will guide you throughout the retreat in the beginner and advance both.
We begin our day with Hatha Yoga lessons with a duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes. The lessons are designed in such a way that they can be attended by everyone whether you are just a beginner or an expert yogi. In just a matter of days, the retreat at YogaMea School, in the Monastery of San Girolamo, will aid your body to get back in tune and witness a transformation from inside out. With our expert guidance and valuable lessons, you can reap all the benefits of yoga- the science of living a healthy life.
Through this detailed yoga program, you can learn a lot of things like; different positions or “Asana”, Pranayama “breathing exercises”, yoga meditation, and chanting Mantra. While serving in the industry for such a long time we believe, yoga doesn’t only teach how to balance your body but also your mind and soul.
Meditation or Dhyaan
During the retreat, you will get the opportunity to participate in various meditation sessions and Yoga Nidra Sessions; which you have never experienced before. You will feel the calmness and soothing effect this ancient technique brings on both body and mind. Be it Meditation of silence, meditation of sound, singing of mantras in Sanskrit and movement or visualization, and focusing on the perceptions of the body.
Practicing in all these types of techniques will fill you with everlasting calmness that you have lost in the hassle of the city life. In the end, the ultimate goal is the same; to find peace within oneself. You can experience all these things and many more if you allow yourself to take this yoga retreat program at YogaMea.
Our meditation techniques will help you to wipe out all the negative energies and restore the mind-body balance that is necessary to live a blissful and peaceful life. We, at YogaMea School, offer the oldest and natural therapy that is ever known to aid people finding peace within themself.
During your stay with YogaMea school at the Monastery of San Girolamo, among the many activities available and absolutely not to be missed is horseback riding. YogaMea School together with the Macallan Riding Centre organizes for you, through reservation, wonderful excursions on horseback; under expert supervision, you will be accompanied on a priceless meditational experience.
At the Macallan Riding Centre, Oana Cristian Muntean and Mirko Mencarini; two professionally qualified riding instructors recognized by the FITE-TREC Ante (Italian Federation of Equestrian Tourism) are available to teach lessons at various levels, from beginners to the most experienced.
The booking of the lessons is made in direct agreement with the instructors, at facilitated times for the maximum convenience of the customers. Macallan also offers school groups and summer camps the opportunity to spend pleasant days at their centre giving the opportunity to observe the tasks of a small farm.
The club collaborates with professionally qualified figures with regard to horseshoeing and veterinary care. All foods supplied for the horses are of their own products and therefore are of the high-quality nutritional standard, addressing the problems and needs of each individual horse. Your safety is guaranteed by Flavio Mauri and Mirko Mencarini, authorized by the FITE-Trec Ante federation (Italian Equestrian Tourism Federation -Trec).
The routes to explore are divided into various levels of difficulty, to be agreed on depending on the ability and experience of the participating riders, and all are within the splendid territory of Montefeltro passing through woods, valleys, streams and parks enabling you to reach medieval castles and villages located on the hills that characterize the landscape.
Clothes for Riding
- Comfortable trousers such as close fitted elasticated jeans or leggings.
- Preferably riding boots or boots with a small heel. Trainers will do but are not recommended.
- No bags or rucksacks are needed as personal belongings must be placed into the saddlebags.
Information for Customers
- The weight limit for riders is 100kg and must be in proportion to height, not under 180cm.
- Western style riding (3 saddles) and English style riding (6 saddles)
- Anyone suffering with serious backbone problems are not allowed to ride.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept responsibility for those affected with Down Syndrome and therefore they are unable to take part in horse riding activities.
- Children under the age of 14 are not allowed to ride outside of the riding centre, only riding lessons internally with a riding instructor.
Riding Paths in the Surrounding Area (all excursions departing from Macallan Riding Centre)
- LOGO-90- minute journey- for beginners
- Cavoleto Medieval Castle 3 hour journey- for beginners and intermediate riders
- PIRLO-2-hours -intermediate level
- PIAGNANO-2-hours and 30 minutes-intermediate level
- LUNANO farmhouse restaurant-3-hours and 30 minutes-intermediate
- SAN GIROLAMO-3-hours and 30 minutes-intermediate level
- SASSO SIMONE AND SIMONCELLO-5 hours and 30 minutes-advanced riders only.
- CARPEGNA-4-hours and 30 minutes-intermediate/advanced
Along these paths you come across splendid medieval villages passing through the beautiful “Fosso del Logo” National park and treading upon land surrounded by wonderful wildlife and local horticulture.
Further-more before departure you can partake in a typical hearty country breakfast, directly prepared with homemade local produce. It is possible to change the departure point with the horses on specific request or common initiatives in organising excursions in collaboration with other riding centres.
Daily Schedule for Yoga Retreat at the Monastery of San Girolamo
- 07:30 | Ashtanga Yoga class
- 09:00 | Breakfast
- 10:00 | Karma Yoga
- 10:30 | Walks and all the activities available – Massage / bike excursions etc
- 13:00 | Lunch
- 15:00 | Aerial Yoga
- 17:00 | Hatha Yoga class
- 19:00 | Dinner
- 20:00 | Relax Yoga (Yin Yoga)
- 20:30 | Meditation
Please be advised that there will be no yoga classes on Sundays.
Topics Covered – Yoga Retreats in Italy (Beach & Monastery)
- Mantra chanting, Ethics (Yama and Niyama)
- How to practice Shat karma (Cleansing techniques)
- Proper, injury-minimizing techniques of Asana (Physical postures)
- How to Practice Pranayama (Breathing practices)
- How to Practice Dhyana (Meditation)
Together with the usual and transformative activities of Yoga and meditation, we find time to take group walks, or alone, enjoy an excellent massage, read a book in the garden, or by the pool.
On Sunday there are no lessons, but you can still use the spaces available for practicing alone or if you want you can book a private session of Yoga “One to One”.
It is possible to organize different trips out of town: in just over 40 minutes it is possible to reach the city of Urbino, or on the opposite side the small Republic of San Marino; you can visit the cells of Cagliostro, the Castle of San Leo or go for a walk by the sea in the nearby seaside resorts.
In fact, it is a nice opportunity to meet the guests of YogaMea School by the sea, to spend the day with them in Misano Adriatico on the beach, or alternatively invite them to join us at the Monastery. Among the many activities available we recommend the “E – Bike”, to enjoy the paths in the woods, or even horseback riding, Landscape painting and still life courses.
We will give you canvases to paint the subjects of your choice, to bring out the Raffaello in you, the best canvas will be rewarded with a 3-day stay to choose between our 3 YogaMea centres, either in Italy or India.
And if you prefer the “sweetness of doing nothing” and you want to be lazy all the time, you can do it! … no problem. All the activities offered by YogaMea school are of an excellent level, but they are not obligatory (except for Karma Yoga). Therefore, even if you are on vacation, we want to see growth of the Yogic spirit and group activities are an integral part of our Yoga Retreat.
Timea discovered yoga after having a serious car accident many years ago. She began studying and practicing on her own from an old book a friend had given her. Discovering a great passion for Yoga, a few years later she ventured towards her first trip to India where she took part in a Yoga Teacher Training program of 200 hours at The Rishikesh Yog Peeth School.
Frontino is the smallest village in the Province of Pesaro and Urbino. With its peaceful and natural surroundings, it is located in front of Mount Carpegna and within the beautiful Natural Park of Sasso Simone and Simoncello.
Frontino is a charming medieval village and, due to its uniqueness, it has been recognized as one of the most beautiful of its kind.
The “Monastery of San Girolamo” is a magnificent Renaissance monument wrapped in the majestic arms of centuries-old oaks. Finished in 1503 by Don Ghisello Vandini of the noble Vandini family, Capitani di Frontino can be defined as from the Renaissance period.
Inside we can find a spacious room, finely decorated with wonderful period frescoes; if needed it will be used for our Yoga and Meditative activities.
- San Marino Republic (1 hour by car)
- San Leo (40 minutes by car)
- Urbino (45 minutes by car)
- Fano (1 hours by car)
- Senigalia (1 hours and 15 minutes by car)
- Venice (3 hours and 45 minutes by car)
- Florence (2 hours and 30 min by car)
- Arezzo (1 hours and 45 minutes by car)
- Rome (3 hours and 30 minutes by car)
For the duration of the yoga retreat, you will get three healthy vegetarian meals a day with refreshments, unlimited water and tea available at any time. All three meals of the day are part of your Yoga Retreat and Meditation package with YogaMea School. Ours are local organic products, prepared by the expert hands of our chef, with buffet service, served at the restaurant
The following meals are included:
The following drinks are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten free
- Excursions out of town by car or by bus
- Guided mountain bike excursions
- Guided excursions on horseback
- Private cooking class
- Painting course
- Tai Chi course
- Private Yoga Sessions (One to one)
- 8 nights accommodation
- 2 yoga classes per day (except on Sundays)
- 4 meditation sessions per week
- 4 day of horse riding with guides (4 hours per day)
- Group walk to explore the surrounding areas
- 3 vegetarian meals a day with refreshments
- Quality support during your stay
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- 3 organic and vegetarian meals per day
- Two changes of sheets and towels per week
- Use of a washing machine
- Evening projection of themed films
- Satsang of Yoga philosophy in front of the fire (Weather permitting)
- On site beauty services (room)
- Extra activities and excursions
- Private yoga classes
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
Transfer not provided
Ancona Falconara Airport
Transfer not provided
Arrival by airplane
Arrive at Marche Airport (AOI) or Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ). Pick-up is available upon request. Kindly send an inquiry to YOGAMEA for more information on airport transfers.
Arrival by train
From Marche Airport (AOI), there is a shuttle every 30 minutes direct to the train station, at a cost of 5 EUR and it takes about 30 minutes to arrive.
Once at the train station in Ancona, You can buy a one-way ticket for Misano Adriatico (your destination). Depending on the type of train, the trip can take from a minimum of 55 minutes to a maximum of 1 hour and 45 minutes.
From Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ), the transfer to the Yoga Center is easy, every 5 minutes there is a shuttle bus direct to the train central station of Bologna, the cost for the shuttle should be around 5 Euro, the shuttle will take around 15 – 20 minutes (depending on the traffic). From the Central Station of Bologna, every 20 minutes there is a train direct to Rimini or Riccione. Once you are at the train central, choose the most suitable train for you, depending on time / price. Some trains will stop at every railway stations and therefore will take a longer time (even up to 2 hours) to reach the yoga center.
How to Reach Monastery of San Girolamo – Italy
- You can easily reach us from all parts of Italy; however the Yoga centre is located in an area slightly isolated from the nearest village centre (2 km). For this reason, we suggest anyone considering the possibility of joining us at our historic period residence by car
Arriving by Air
- It is an excellent idea to rent a car, useful to guarantee freedom of movement. If you arrive with your car, copy and paste this link on Google Map: The Monastery of San Girolamo, Frontino
By Taxi: (Optional with fee)
- A taxi service is available to guarantee departures and arrivals; One of our trusted representatives, below you will find costs, each way, regardless of the number of people, (The figure is to be considered divisible according to the number of travellers)
- A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.
Book with flexible conditions
Need to cancel your trip due to COVID-19 ? You can reschedule your booking free of charge or receive store credit for your non-refundable deposit and re-book anytime.