500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Italy at San Girolamo Monastery
Intensive 500-hour program in San Girolamo di Frontino is a monumental task. Here you will learn to love the tradition and philosophy of this magnificent discipline. We at YogaMea School use all the known fundamental bases of Yoga, transmitted through the most important testimonies of the ancient sages to be handed down to us today.
With us you will discover the secrets of the true essence of Yoga. Through this lengthy experience and intensive 8-week practice, you will acquire wisdom and knowledge, developing and interpreting the deepest meaning of yoga.
You will train and take part in one of the best yoga teacher training programs in Italy. You will be personally accompanied and guided by a team of professional teachers, towards the best physical and mental condition, understanding how to be a student, you will learn to understand the meaning of being a model Yoga teacher, an example to others.
- 2 Daily morning Hatha yoga classes
- Pranayama and Mantra chanting
- Yoga philosophy, anatomy, and physiology
- Kriyas (cleansing techniques) & Bandhas (Yogic locks)
- 3 daily organic vegetarian meals
- 25 nights accommodation in a Historic Monastery
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- Free time for local excursions
- Group walk to explore the surrounding areas
- Quality support during your stay
48 days with instruction in English
The organizer also speaks: Italian
Group size: Maximum of 20 participants
The “Monastery of San Girolamo” is a magnificent Renaissance monument wrapped in the majestic arms of centuries-old oaks. Finished in 1503 by Don Ghisello Vandini of the noble Vandini family, Capitani di Frontino can be defined as from the Renaissance period. Inside we can find a spacious room, finely decorated with wonderful period frescoes; if needed it will be used for our Yoga and Meditative activities.
Yes, because when the weather allows us, we prefer to be outdoors: there is no shortage of space here, we have a wonderful cloister and a lush garden all around the structure. Alternatively, comfortable gazebos especially set up can be used for practicing Yoga sheltering us from the summer rain, without having to give up contact with mother nature. The ancient church, now deconsecrated, is available for various activities.
Inside you can find the magic of history, through a blissful silence that only the atmosphere of ancient times can help us to re- live. A fantastic opportunity for Yoga and group meditation, without neglecting the possibility of guaranteeing truly intimate and personal moments.
The monastery of San Girolamo puts at your disposal 14 bedrooms, of which:
- 2 Shared Classic rooms with private bathroom – can accommodate up to 3 beds; all with private bathroom.
- 7 large Classic rooms capable of accommodating 4 to 6 people, with a private bathroom inside, plus an external one.
- 5 Monastic rooms, deriving from the renovation of ancient monks’ cells in the ancient part of the Monastery, terracotta floors and wooden ceilings.
Book your Yoga TTC and Meditation Retreat at the Monastery of San Girolamo (Frontino), choosing from the following.
Services Provided in All Rooms
- Private bathroom with shower or bathtub in all rooms
- Hair dryers in all rooms
- Room cleaned (twice a week)
- Wi-Fi in all rooms and in the restaurant
- Common TV room, books and board games at your disposal
- We are dog friendly
- Free parking
- Swimming pool
The menu of the day, yoga practices and the surrounding environment come together for exact training experience, perfect for recreating a perfect Yogic lifestyle. Come and study with us at YogaMea School in Italy, the perfect place to experience your personal growth.
The specific teaching techniques with which YogaMea school operates to help the students and future yoga instructors, to practice with fellow students present at the same time not only offers a unique experience every time but always puts him in the position to live realistic situations, so as to get him used to any possible situation that allows him to master any of them with the correct energy and using all the tools that our school makes available to the student.
The YogaMea School experience ensures its students the acquisition of the theoretical/practical aspects of the study of yoga; Through a thorough residential training program, aimed at forging the perfect Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga teachers “RYT 500 Hour”, both in Italy and India.
All our centers are managed by the same team of highly qualified yoga teachers and directed by the founder of the YogaMea school, Timea Vitez – ®RYT 500 USA, ®YACEP.
Daily Schedule for First 200 hours Yoga TTC
- 06:00 | Wake Up
- 06:15 | Herbal tea
- 06:30 | Shatkarma / yogic cleansing
- 07:00 | Pranayama and chanting
- 07:30 | Yoga asana
- 09:15 | Breakfast
- 10:30 | Yoga anatomy
- 11:30 | Yoga philosophy
- 13:15 | Lunch
- 17:00 | Hatha yoga asana practice
- 18:45 | Pranayama & Asana class
- 19:15 | Dinner
- 22:45 | Lights out
Daily Schedule for Next 300 hours Yoga TTC
- 05:00 – 05:30 Wake up with Herbal tea
- 05:30 – 06:00 Kriya / Mantra Chanting / Yogic Cleansing
- 06:00 – 07:15 Pranayama and Chanting / Meditation / Shatkarma
- 07:15 – 08:45 Hatha Yoga asana / Ashtanga Yoga asana / Vinyasa Flow
- 08:45 – 09:15 Breakfast
- 09:30 – 10:30 Yoga Philosophy / Lifestyle / Ethics
- 10:30 – 11:45 Self-Study / Library @ Yoga Shala
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 15:00 Self Group Practice/ Align, Adjustment & Assist
- 15:30 – 16:30 Yoga Anatomy & Physiology
- 16:30 – 18:30 Hatha Yoga asana practice
- 18:30 – 19:45 Dynamic & Traditional Meditation / Yoga Nidra / Mantra Chanting / Pranayama & Asana class
- 19:45 – 20:45 Dinner
- 21:00 – 22:45 Optional Yoga Movie / Silent Meditation
- 22:45 Lights OFF!
Please be advised that there will be no yoga classes on Sundays.
Topics Covered – Yoga Teacher Training in Italy, Monastery
According to the Yoga Alliance Guidelines – some of these hours are contact hours and others are self-study.
- Techniques, Training & Practice – 235 hours
- Asana / Yoga Kriya / Pranayama / Shatkarma / Mudra and Bandha
- Meditation / Yoga Nidra (Traditional and Dynamic Meditation Techniques)
- Art of Teaching | Teaching Methodology – 60 hours
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology – 80 hours
- Yogic Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics for Yoga Teachers – 80 hours
- Yoga – Introduction
- Origins of yoga
- Different paths of yoga: Raja, Karma, Bhakti and Jnana
- Consciousness and awareness
- Evolution of awareness
- Evolution of elements (according to Sankhya darshan)
- Pancha kosha (five covering or sheaths over consciousness)
- Four-Sutraa (preface of Patanjali’s Yog Sutra)
- Pancha Klesha (five causes of pain and miseries)
- Raja yoga and Hatha yoga
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga (According to Patanjali)
- Yama, Niyama (social and personal rules and regulations)
- Asana (physical posture)
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Pratyahara (withdrawal of the mind from the senses)
- Dharna (concentration), Dhyana (meditation), Samadhi (self-realization)
- Practice Teaching / Class Management – 60 hours
Together with the usual and transformative activities of Yoga and meditation, we find time to take group walks, or alone, enjoy an excellent massage, read a book in the garden, or by the pool.
On Sunday there are no lessons, but you can still use the spaces available for practicing alone or if you want you can book a private session of Yoga “One to One”.
It is possible to organize different trips out of town: in just over 40 minutes it is possible to reach the city of Urbino, or on the opposite side the small Republic of San Marino; you can visit the cells of Cagliostro, the Castle of San Leo or go for a walk by the sea in the nearby seaside resorts.
- Assessments will be based on written as well as practical evaluation.
- Student conduct and adherence to the Code of Conduct is part of your overall evaluation.
- Students must maintain a rate of 90% attendance for the duration of the course in order to qualify for final Assessment.
- Yoga teachers who have completed the requirements of the 500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course will be given a Certificate confirming that they have completed all requirements for training and teaching experiences in accordance with the Yoga Alliance, USA, standards.
Timea discovered yoga after having a serious car accident many years ago. She began studying and practicing on her own from an old book a friend had given her. Discovering a great passion for Yoga, a few years later she ventured towards her first trip to India where she took part in a Yoga Teacher Training program of 200 hours at The Rishikesh Yog Peeth School.
Frontino is the smallest village in the Province of Pesaro and Urbino. With its peaceful and natural surroundings, it is located in front of Mount Carpegna and within the beautiful Natural Park of Sasso Simone and Simoncello.
Frontino is a charming medieval village and, due to its uniqueness, it has been recognized as one of the most beautiful of its kind.
The “Monastery of San Girolamo” is a magnificent Renaissance monument wrapped in the majestic arms of centuries-old oaks. Finished in 1503 by Don Ghisello Vandini of the noble Vandini family, Capitani di Frontino can be defined as from the Renaissance period.
Inside we can find a spacious room, finely decorated with wonderful period frescoes; if needed it will be used for our Yoga and Meditative activities.
- San Marino Republic (1 hour by car)
- Venice (3 hours and 45 min by train)
- Florence (2 hours and 45 min by train)
- Rome (4 hours by train)
For the duration of the yoga retreat, you will get three healthy vegetarian meals a day with refreshments, unlimited water and tea available at any time. All three meals of the day are part of your Yoga Retreat and Meditation package with YogaMea School. Ours are local organic products, prepared by the expert hands of our chef, with buffet service, served at the restaurant
The following meals are included:
The following drinks are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten free
- Excursions out of town by car or by bus
- Guided mountain bike excursions
- Guided excursions on horseback
- Private cooking class
- Painting course
- Tai Chi course
- Private Yoga Sessions (One to one)
- 8 Week course all-inclusive: 56 days and 55 nights.
- 3 organic and vegetarian meals per day
- Two changes of sheets and towels per week
- Use of a washing machine
- Evening projection of themed films
- Satsang of Yoga philosophy in front of the fire (Weather permitting)
- Check -in on Sunday after 2pm
- Check-out Sunday morning before 10am.
- On site beauty services (room)
- Extra activities and excursions
- Private yoga classes
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
Transfer not provided
Ancona Falconara Airport
Transfer not provided
Arrival by airplane
Arrive at Marche Airport (AOI) or Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ). Pick-up is available upon request. Kindly send an inquiry to YOGAMEA for more information on airport transfers.
Arrival by train
From Marche Airport (AOI), there is a shuttle every 30 minutes direct to the train station, at a cost of 5 EUR and it takes about 30 minutes to arrive.
Once at the train station in Ancona, You can buy a one-way ticket for Misano Adriatico (your destination). Depending on the type of train, the trip can take from a minimum of 55 minutes to a maximum of 1 hour and 45 minutes.
From Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ), the transfer to the Yoga Center is easy, every 5 minutes there is a shuttle bus direct to the train central station of Bologna, the cost for the shuttle should be around 5 Euro, the shuttle will take around 15 – 20 minutes (depending on the traffic). From the Central Station of Bologna, every 20 minutes there is a train direct to Rimini or Riccione. Once you are at the train central, choose the most suitable train for you, depending on time / price. Some trains will stop at every railway stations and therefore will take a longer time (even up to 2 hours) to reach the yoga center.
How to Reach Monastery of San Girolamo – Italy
- You can easily reach us from all parts of Italy; however the Yoga centre is located in an area slightly isolated from the nearest village centre (2 km). For this reason, we suggest anyone considering the possibility of joining us at our historic period residence by car
Arriving by Air
- It is an excellent idea to rent a car, useful to guarantee freedom of movement. If you arrive with your car, copy and paste this link on Google Map: The Monastery of San Girolamo, Frontino
By Taxi: (Optional with fee)
- A taxi service is available to guarantee departures and arrivals; One of our trusted representatives, below you will find costs, each way, regardless of the number of people, (The figure is to be considered divisible according to the number of travellers)
- A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.
Book with flexible conditions
Need to cancel your trip due to COVID-19 ? You can reschedule your booking free of charge or receive store credit for your non-refundable deposit and re-book anytime.