200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Italy at San Girolamo Monastery
The peace which we find in ourselves will be the experience blessed by silence helps promoting our complete growth. Spirituality at its purest, an inspiring and timeless journey almost impossible to replicate.
Intensive 200-hour holistic teacher training course is a unique and stimulating experience for Hatha and Ashtanga yoga learners. Take part on this course held in a Monastery of the Italian Renaissance era it will transform your experience into something mystical.
If you are thinking of enrolling in a training course for yoga teachers in 2021, you can do it in Italy with YogaMea School; We can offer you the best cuisine and the best Italian and Indian teaching methods through instructors who grew up in India in Rishikesh (The Mecca of Yoga).
- 2 Daily morning Hatha yoga classes
- Pranayama and Mantra chanting
- Yoga philosophy, anatomy, and physiology
- Kriyas (cleansing techniques) & Bandhas (Yogic locks)
- 3 daily organic vegetarian meals
- 27 nights accommodation in a Historic Monastery
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- Free time for local excursions
- Group walk to explore the surrounding areas
- Quality support during your stay
24 days with instruction in English
The organizer also speaks: Italian
Group size: Maximum of 20 participants
The “Monastery of San Girolamo” is a magnificent Renaissance monument wrapped in the majestic arms of centuries-old oaks. Finished in 1503 by Don Ghisello Vandini of the noble Vandini family, Capitani di Frontino can be defined as from the Renaissance period. Inside we can find a spacious room, finely decorated with wonderful period frescoes; if needed it will be used for our Yoga and Meditative activities.
Yes, because when the weather allows us, we prefer to be outdoors: there is no shortage of space here, we have a wonderful cloister and a lush garden all around the structure. Alternatively, comfortable gazebos especially set up can be used for practicing Yoga sheltering us from the summer rain, without having to give up contact with mother nature. The ancient church, now deconsecrated, is available for various activities.
Inside you can find the magic of history, through a blissful silence that only the atmosphere of ancient times can help us to re- live. A fantastic opportunity for Yoga and group meditation, without neglecting the possibility of guaranteeing truly intimate and personal moments.
The monastery of San Girolamo puts at your disposal 14 bedrooms, of which:
- 2 Shared Classic rooms with private bathroom – can accommodate up to 3 beds; all with private bathroom.
- 7 large Classic rooms capable of accommodating 4 to 6 people, with a private bathroom inside, plus an external one.
- 5 Monastic rooms, deriving from the renovation of ancient monks’ cells in the ancient part of the Monastery, terracotta floors and wooden ceilings.
Book your Yoga TTC and Meditation Retreat at the Monastery of San Girolamo (Frontino), choosing from the following.
Services Provided in All Rooms
- Private bathroom with shower or bathtub in all rooms
- Hair dryers in all rooms
- Room cleaned (twice a week)
- Wi-Fi in all rooms and in the restaurant
- Common TV room, books and board games at your disposal
- We are dog friendly
- Free parking
- Swimming pool
Every day we follow a deliberate and in-depth sequence of Yoga Asanas, with modification and balancing techniques; as well as through theory, studying the human body and its anatomy and the bones of the skeleton.
By studying the great yoga philosophy and its history, we also enrich our level of cultural preparation and our understanding of the wise thoughts of its ancient masters. With the daily practice of pranayama (breathing exercises), we learn about all the benefits that it can offer as well as through the singing of mantras and group meditation.
Daily Schedule for Yoga TTC at the Monastery of San Girolamo
- 06:00 | Wake Up
- 06:15 | Herbal tea
- 06:30 | Shatkarma / yogic cleansing
- 07:00 | Pranayama and chanting
- 07:30 | Yoga asana
- 09:15 | Breakfast
- 10:30 | Yoga anatomy
- 11:30 | Yoga philosophy
- 13:15 | Lunch
- 17:00 | Hatha yoga asana practice
- 18:45 | Pranayama & Asana class
- 19:15 | Dinner
- 22:45 | Lights out
Please be advised that there will be no yoga classes on Sundays.
Topics Covered – Yoga Teacher Training in Italy, Monastery
- Training, Practice, and Techniques – 100 hours
- Pranayama / Asana / Bandha / Shatkarma
- Teaching Methodology – 25 hours
- Physiology & Anatomy – 20 hours
- Yogic Philosophy, Ethics, and Lifestyle – 20 hours
- Yoga Philosophy – Deep Study
- Introduction to Yoga
- Yoga Origins
- Raja, Karma, Bhakti & Jnana: Different paths of yoga
- Awareness and Consciousness
- Evolution of awareness
- According to Sankhya darshan – (Evolution of elements)
- PanchaKosha – Five covering or sheaths over presence of Mind / Consciousness
- Introduction to Four-sutra (Patanjali’s Yog sutra)
- Pancha Klesha (five causes of miseries and pain)
- Hatha yoga and Raja yoga
- Social and personal rules and regulations – Yama & Niyama
- Asana (Physical Posture)
- Pranayama (Breathing Techniques)
- Pratyahara (Withdrawal of the mind from the Senses)
- Dhyana (meditation), Dharna (concentration), Samadhi (self-realization)
Together with the usual and transformative activities of Yoga and meditation, we find time to take group walks, or alone, enjoy an excellent massage, read a book in the garden, or by the pool.
On Sunday there are no lessons, but you can still use the spaces available for practicing alone or if you want you can book a private session of Yoga “One to One”.
It is possible to organize different trips out of town: in just over 40 minutes it is possible to reach the city of Urbino, or on the opposite side the small Republic of San Marino; you can visit the cells of Cagliostro, the Castle of San Leo or go for a walk by the sea in the nearby seaside resorts.
- Assessments will be based on written as well as practical evaluation.
- Student conduct and adherence to the Code of Conduct is part of your overall evaluation.
- Students must maintain a rate of 90% attendance for the duration of the course in order to qualify for final Assessment.
- Yoga teachers who have completed the requirements of the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course will be given a Certificate confirming that they have completed all requirements for training and teaching experiences in accordance with the Yoga Alliance, USA, standards.
Frontino is the smallest village in the Province of Pesaro and Urbino. With its peaceful and natural surroundings, it is located in front of Mount Carpegna and within the beautiful Natural Park of Sasso Simone and Simoncello.
Frontino is a charming medieval village and, due to its uniqueness, it has been recognized as one of the most beautiful of its kind.
The “Monastery of San Girolamo” is a magnificent Renaissance monument wrapped in the majestic arms of centuries-old oaks. Finished in 1503 by Don Ghisello Vandini of the noble Vandini family, Capitani di Frontino can be defined as from the Renaissance period.
Inside we can find a spacious room, finely decorated with wonderful period frescoes; if needed it will be used for our Yoga and Meditative activities.
- San Marino Republic (1 hour by car)
- Venice (3 hours and 45 min by train)
- Florence (2 hours and 45 min by train)
- Rome (4 hours by train)
For the duration of the yoga retreat, you will get three healthy vegetarian meals a day with refreshments, unlimited water and tea available at any time. All three meals of the day are part of your Yoga Retreat and Meditation package with YogaMea School. Ours are local organic products, prepared by the expert hands of our chef, with buffet service, served at the restaurant
The following meals are included:
The following drinks are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten free
- Excursions out of town by car or by bus
- Guided mountain bike excursions
- Guided excursions on horseback
- Private cooking class
- Painting course
- Tai Chi course
- Private Yoga Sessions (One to one)
- Four Week course all-inclusive: 28 days and 27 nights.
- 3 organic and vegetarian meals per day
- Two changes of sheets and towels per week
- Use of a washing machine
- Evening projection of themed films
- Satsang of Yoga philosophy in front of the fire (Weather permitting)
- Check -in on Sunday after 2pm
- Check-out Sunday morning before 10am.
- On site beauty services (room)
- Extra activities and excursions
- Private yoga classes
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
Transfer not provided
Ancona Falconara Airport
Transfer not provided
Arrival by airplane
Arrive at Marche Airport (AOI) or Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ). Pick-up is available upon request. Kindly send an inquiry to YOGAMEA for more information on airport transfers.
Arrival by train
From Marche Airport (AOI), there is a shuttle every 30 minutes direct to the train station, at a cost of 5 EUR and it takes about 30 minutes to arrive.
Once at the train station in Ancona, You can buy a one-way ticket for Misano Adriatico (your destination). Depending on the type of train, the trip can take from a minimum of 55 minutes to a maximum of 1 hour and 45 minutes.
From Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ), the transfer to the Yoga Center is easy, every 5 minutes there is a shuttle bus direct to the train central station of Bologna, the cost for the shuttle should be around 5 Euro, the shuttle will take around 15 – 20 minutes (depending on the traffic). From the Central Station of Bologna, every 20 minutes there is a train direct to Rimini or Riccione. Once you are at the train central, choose the most suitable train for you, depending on time / price. Some trains will stop at every railway stations and therefore will take a longer time (even up to 2 hours) to reach the yoga center.
How to Reach Monastery of San Girolamo – Italy
- You can easily reach us from all parts of Italy; however the Yoga centre is located in an area slightly isolated from the nearest village centre (2 km). For this reason, we suggest anyone considering the possibility of joining us at our historic period residence by car
Arriving by Air
- It is an excellent idea to rent a car, useful to guarantee freedom of movement. If you arrive with your car, copy and paste this link on Google Map: The Monastery of San Girolamo, Frontino
By Taxi: (Optional with fee)
- A taxi service is available to guarantee departures and arrivals; One of our trusted representatives, below you will find costs, each way, regardless of the number of people, (The figure is to be considered divisible according to the number of travellers)
- A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.
Book with flexible conditions
Need to cancel your trip due to COVID-19 ? You can reschedule your booking free of charge or receive store credit for your non-refundable deposit and re-book anytime.